The TAPTRANS is an 9-gas on-line transformer DGA monitoring unit designed to monitor the transformer and OLTC (On-Load Tap-Changer). The TAPTRANS can individually measure the Main, Selector and Divertor tanks in one unit. The photo-acoustic detection system used by the TAPTRANS allows measurement of high and low gas levels without the need for extensive recalibration/cleaning. The TAPTRANS measures all significant fault gases (in ppm) as outlined by international standards as well as moisture in oil (%RH & ppm). The measurement of these gases allows the user to detect and diagnose a complete range of transformer and tap-changer faults (including overheating and over tapping).
- Monitor the main, selector and divertor tanks in one unit.
- Medium/High/Critical risk and/or consequence of failure.
- Industrial – Oil & Gas, Chemical plants and heavy industry.
- Generation, Transmission, Distribution Transformers and OLTCs.
- Complete solution – monitor Main, Selector and Divertor tanks in one unit
- Transformer faults detected in their infancy, minimizing costly unplanned outages and equipment failure.
- Tapchanger outages can be minimized by planning maintenance based on dissolved gas concentrations.
- Single unit used to monitor a three phase bank or multiple transformers.
- Photo Acoustic Technology – no costly consumables/calibration gases required.
- Transformer output optimized safely, maximizing your assets.
- Complete monitoring and diagnostics of transformers from results.
- Transformer ageing can be calculated.
- Designed for field use – global installation by almost all major utilities.
- DGA & Water – Nine gases (hydrogen, methane, ethane, ethylene, acetylene, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and oxygen) plus moisture. 9-gas monitoring of multiple tanks in a single unit.
- 9-gas monitoring of main, selector and divertor tanks in a single unit.
- Inputs/Outputs for additional sensors including load and temperature.
- Easy Installation – Simple, straightforward procedures.
- Hourly Sampling – Real-time DGA results down to once per hour.
- Communication Options – Extensive local and remote communications options.
- Alarm Settings – Sophisticated programmable alarm system.
- Acceleration of sampling rate – automatic increase in sampling rates if gas concentrations exceed caution or alarm settings.
- Minimal Maintenance – Reduces expense and inconvenience for user.
- PERCEPTION – PC software allows downloading, trending and analysis of results.