Phenix Technologies Model PM15-4A performs multiple testing functions. It can be operated as a conventional Megohmmeter / Hipot or in automatic mode to perform a Dielectric Absorption Ratio Test, Polarization Index (PI) Test or Step Voltage Test.
Periodic resistance testing of electrical windings can detect deterioration or contamination in the insulation which will shorten winding life. This testing is recommended to prevent major failures and to determine when corrective action should be taken. The Model PM15-4A provides up to 15 kVDC and performs all necessary calculations to accurately determine the results. Test results can be viewed on the VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) or printed out via the built-in printer. The system is equipped with a USB communications port and an SD card for non-volatile storage of test results.
- Battery powered operation
- Automatic operation with microprocessor control
- Guard circuit for stray leakage current bypass
- User selectable output voltage in 10 V steps
- Audible safety warning
- Built-in printer
- Internal discharge device to discharge test object (Discharge up to 3.5 μF, every 10 minutes)
- 10 minute test timer